In pursuance of UGC (Prevention, prohibition and redressal of sexual harassment of women employees and students in higher educational institutions) Regulations 2015, the existing Sexual Harassment Redressal Committee (SHRC) is re-named as Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) as under to deal with the complaints relating to sexual harassment at workplace. The ICC comprises the following members:
|Convener||Dr. RAGINI EV|
|Members||Dr.GIREESH BABU M|
|Smt. SHEBA SUSAN JOHNS|
|Dr.ABDUL NAZAR MC|
Terms of Members: Two years for nominated members.
The Committee will co opt two more members of staff / student (as the case may be), if necessary. Meetings: At least once in a semester and as and when necessary
- Conduct preliminary enquiry of all reported cases and / or complaints relating to sexual harassment at workplace involving all sections of members of faculty, staff and students of the institute.
- Submit the preliminary enquiry report to the Principal long with all documents and recommendation of possible punishment if any.
- Evolve and suggest means to take preventive measures.
- In case of allegations are not in the nature of sexual harassment, ICC may refer such complaints to the Grievance Redressal Cell.
- If ICC concludes that the allegations made were false, malicious or the complaint was made knowing it to be untrue or forged or misleading information has been provided during the inquiry, the complainant shall be liable to be punished as per the relevant provision of the aforementioned UGC Regulations 2015.